What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is [the] land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' [...] Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'. --"Happy Man," Pretty Woman
In light of yesterday's post, I thought I'd post the quick list of my dreams. Some are more obtainable than others, some are more shallow than others, but they are mine! (listed in the order they came into my head, not in the order of their importance).
I dream of....
- living in Europe-- short list is Ireland, Switzerland, England or France
- living in the Portland, Oregon area
- getting a PhD in literature
- becoming a published writer (short stories, articles, etc)
- writing and publishing a book
- starting my own business or a family business
- learning a handicraft and doing it well
- being a stay-at-home mom
- traveling the world
- raising happy and well-adjusted children
- learning to paint
- learning to take really great candid photos
- having 4 children (and yeah, it is a gender specific dream of 4 boys, but a girl would be just as well loved!)
- doing mission/humanitarian aid work in sub-Sahara Africa
- starting/funding a large-scale animal rescue a la Best Friends
- feeling less rushed and more tranquil/peaceful on the inside
- finally sitting down and turning my idea about the novella Passing into a research article and then submitting it for publication in a literary journal
- becoming a professor of literature
- having a clean and organized home that stays that way!
- learning how to self-promote
- having time to go on family bike rides or hikes-- and actually going on them!
- finding and sticking with an exercise routine
- wearing a bikini and looking good in it
- providing my dad with top-notch health care (and a new liver)
- starting a scholarship program
- getting involved with a non-profit that I truly believe in
- maintaining a happy marriage to my wonderful husband forever!
- training my dog in flyball or agility
- being completely debt free
- maintaining a more sustainable lifestyle
- learning to garden so that I can grow my own produce (if/when we get our plot at the community garden)
- learning to batch cook and learning to can foods
What are your dreams? Are you on a path that is taking you towards them?